Eatmon Law Firm, PC helps married couples and individuals with the following types of adoptions:
- Private Adoptions. The adoptive parents locate a child available for adoption without the assistance of an adoption agency. This can be done with the consent of the biological parents or may involve a private termination of parental rights.
- Stepparent Adoptions. The spouse of a child’s parent seeks to become a legal parent of the child. The stepparent and parent must be married for at least six (6) months prior to being eligible to initiate a stepparent adoption.
- Relative Adoptions. The adoptive parents are related to the child they desire to adopt.
- Adult Adoptions. Adult adoptions are often sought because the adoptee’s biological parent(s) would not consent to the adoption during the adoptee’s minority.
- Please note that Eatmon Law Firm, PC does not assist with international adoptions.